Pop these homemade Christmas truffles in a pretty box if you want to give them as a gift. Kids will love giving them to family and friends.
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g milk chocolate, chopped
- 150ml double cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- cocoa powder, sprinkles, lustre powder, icing sugar, chopped nuts, for coating
- flavourless oil (such as sunflower), for shaping
- Put the dark and milk chocolate in a bowl, then put the cream and butter in a pan and bring to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until it melts. Leave to cool, then chill in the fridge for 7 hrs.
- Put the coatings into separate bowls. To shape the truffles, lightly rub your hands with flavourless oil and roll teaspoons of the truffle mix between your palms – this can get messy!
- Gently roll the truffles in the bowl until evenly coated, then put in a box and chill. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for three days, or freeze for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge overnight.